We are having book fair this week at the children’s school.
Miss S decided she was going as Rapunzel – and of course, I had to make the hair! We based the idea on this.
So armed with wool, flowers, fingers and a hot glue gun, we came up with this.
It sits on her head, like a headband, and will come across her front shoulder - so people can’t pull it! She just can’t wait to dress like a princess and wear her long hair!
I made these hair bows for our wedding, for the flowergirls.
What you’ll need:
- Ribbons – one wider than the other works best.
- Hair clip – $2 shops sell these
- String of beads
- Hot glue gun
How to make them:
- Cut the ribbons. The wider one needs to be longer. How much depends on how you want your finished size.
- Burn the ends with the lighter.
- Fold the ends of the wide ribbon in to the middle. Using your hot glue gun, glue them in place.
- Do the same with the thinner ribbon.
- Hot glue the smaller ribbon in the middle of the larger ribbon.
- Hot glue your beads/embellishments on.
- Cut a small strip of the smaller ribbon, and hot glue in the middle of your embellishments.
- Hot glue the ribbon into the clip. Fold over the ends of the ribbon and hot glue them into place.
- Stand back and look at your handiwork!
Loving Pinterest still!
Love this idea for valentine’s day!
Loving this idea for wedding photos. Might start us together holding our engagement photo. Have to get one printed though.
This hairstyle is just awesome! Can’t wait to try it! Sock hair here I come!
My step-daughter N has long straight hair, and is often ‘boring’ as she puts it.
So after a facial, toenail painting and other pampering, I put her hair into french plaits.
Then the next morning, we took them out. She was amazed, and loved it