10 Things I Learnt About Blogging in 2011
I tried to blog a bit more, more often, more crafty, more interesting, just more, in 2011.
There are a few things I leant from this experience.
- I love writing about things that I’m doing. If it’s for you guys to learn, or as a record for my kids one day.
- I’ve taken a lot more photos because I’m blogging.
- I write much better when I’m writing about what *I* like, not what I think you guys might like.
- I changed to WordPress from Blogger. I have found this to be a huge change, and all for the better. I find it much easier. In lots of ways.
- I tried writing every day of the week. I tried writing week days. I’m now sticking to a Mon, Wed, Fri schedule, so if I’ve got something exciting to post, I can slot it in easily.
- I have learnt to schedule posts. This means when I’ve got awesome ideas, I can just write them up, and not feel like I’m bombarding you with them!
- Interacting with other bloggers means they come to my site too. So not only do I get to read awesome blogs, but sometimes I’m lucky enough for them to come and visit me as well!
- Write more tutorials. People love them! Obviously I’m seen as a bit of a crafty blogger, which is funny to me, because I don’t really consider myself good at crafts!
- Writing scary posts is good for me. It makes me open up. It makes me think about the past. It makes me think about the future.
- I’ll keep blogging, even if no one reads them 🙂