So Christmas is over, and like most people, you probably have a lot of Christmas cake left over. So make yourself some Christmas Cake Balls.
You will need:
- Christmas cake (or pudding)
- Juice (Orange juice is the best I think!)
- White chocolate to melt
- Mint leave lollies (or some other green lollies)
How to make it:
- Put your Christmas cake into a bowl. Break it up into small bits. Pour orange juice all over it, until it’s covered. Leave 24 hours to soak.
- Make your soaked Christmas cake into balls, using your hand. The kids love this bit. Any excuse to get messy 🙂
- Place balls on a baking paper covered tray.
- Melt chocolate. I put a bowl with the chocolate melts into a bowl with boiling water in it. I know you can do it in a microwave, I just find I have more control over it this way.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Christmas balls. I find about a teaspoon works well, but do whatever you feel. Maybe your balls are bigger than mine 😉
- Put a jaffa in the middle of each ball.
- Put a green lolly on each side of the jaffa.
- Put the tray in the fridge until set.
I often make these before Christmas, and give them away at Christmas time, they make an awesome little gift, like to a teacher or something.